Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Woodhaven is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to direct all day-to-day operations of the Nursing Department and staff to ensure the delivery of quality nursing care to adult patients hospitalized for treatment of chemical dependency. The Nurse Practitioner \ Nursing Supervisor will work in coordination with clinical staff to monitors the effectiveness of staff e.g., assessment, evaluation and implementation of the standards of nursing practice while serving as a key management member.
To apply for this opportunity, contact Nick Weber, Director of Human Resources at Nick.Weber@WoodhavenOhio.com.
Knowledge and Training Required:
- Previous experience in nursing management e.g., Nurse Manager or other related positions required.
- Displays advanced knowledge of treatment procedures and interventions common to addictions, chemical dependency, acute dual diagnosis patients as well as to non-violent crisis intervention practice.
- Advanced knowledge of abnormal psychology as typically found in the adult/geriatric psychiatric population ad application of this knowledge particularly in substance abuse and eating disorder patients.
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology especially those terms associated with adult/geriatric psychiatric, substance abuse and eating disorder patients.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Master’s Degree in Nursing program.
- Experience: Five (5) years of experience in nursing field with emphasis in psychiatric, substance abuse, or eating disorders required.
- Licensure / Certification: Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP) in the State of Ohio which is active and in good standing. Must hold DEA Prescriptive Authority and CPR Certifications.
Specific Position Requirements:
- Defines and maintains the standards of nursing practices within WOODHAVEN.
- Initiates the development of policies and procedure that govern nursing services. Ensure that nursing policies and procedures are current and reflect the ever-changing standards established by regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for staff performance, staff recruitment, staff retention and staff development for all nursing department personnel, e.g. charge nurses, RNs and LPNs.
- Collaborates with other departments and agencies regarding resources and services for improved patient care and staff development.
- Assess the quality of care rendered to WOODHAVEN’s client’s.
- Oversees nursing staffing levels within the facility on all three shifts to ensure quality patient care.
- Assists the Nursing Department in the development of effective infection control policies and procedures, surveillance of infections, management of the employee health services and provide ongoing staff education in infection prevention and control.
- Actively participates in the peer review process.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and complies with all HIPAA standards. Monitors expenditures in areas of nursing supplies, equipment and materials.
- Completes all documentation requirements legibly and within timeframes established by rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates appropriate medication administration and ensures that documentation regarding medications complies with facility and regulatory standards.
- Serves as a key member of the facility’s core management team and ensures effective integration or nursing services into overall hospital operations.
- Keeps abreast of nursing care issues, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Participates in training and development to enhance own professional skills and growth.
- Attends in-service training and participates in other educational activities as required.
- Oversight of the Nursing Department.
Woodhaven offers and excellent working environment with complete health benefits, 401(k) and many more benefits.
To perform this job successfully, as individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required, but do not encompass all potential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Woodhaven employs, promotes and contracts without regards to race, gender, color, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, sex, religion, or genetic information. Woodhaven is an EO/AA Employer/M/F/Protected Vet/Disabled & an equal provider of services.Type your paragraph here.