Residential Assistant (RA)
Woodhaven's mission is to provide a warm, caring environment that centers on empowering clients to overcome obstacles in their lives caused by substance abuse. Woodhaven promotes a culture that attracts highly skilled and continuously developing staff that will deliver superior services to its clients. In doing so, Woodhaven's clients, staff and stakeholders lives are enriched.
Current Open Residential Assistant Opportunities:
Part-time: Saturday - Sunday 8:00 PM to 8:00 AM
Position: The Resident Assistant is responsible for assisting the clinical staff in coordinating, planning and delivery of services to all clients.
Resident Assistant Areas of Responsibilities:
- Assisting unit staff in gathering clients for activities to include meals, physical fitness, group activities, outings, supervise clients, assure clients are accounted for and observed every 30 minutes.
- Assists in supervising the maintenance of all necessary equipment and supplies to the program.
- Ensures client safety through maintaining confidentiality, verbal de-escalation techniques, and knowledge of policies and procedures regarding emergencies, performing security and safety checks and reports all patient issues to nursing staff, Clinical Director and Counselors.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living.
- Orients new residents with activities of daily living.
- Respond to all emergency codes effectively efficiently.
- Participates with residents in their therapeutic activities and uses interventions from treatment and plan care of residents.
- Facilitates educational video systems and/or community meetings.
- Daily disbursement of Census Sheets.
- Monitor for a visitor or other prior clients who may come into the facility with possible contraband and evaluate for agency client safety.
- Observes and monitors clients at outside meetings.
- Conducts unit rounds thoroughly, keeping in mind unit safety and milieu management; accurately documents rounds and safety checks on flow sheet.
- Demonstrates professional demeanor in dealing with all client interactions, keeping in mind customer service standards, i.e., the customer is #1.
- Accurately reports all relevant client interactions or observable, potentially problematic behaviors to the nursing staff, Clinical Director and Counselors, in a timely manner.
- Maintains residents’ confidentiality continuously in all interactions with the visitors, clients, and other individuals.
- Utilizes skills of observation and training to assist in educational sessions and reports client behaviors and interactions to the nursing staff, Clinical Director and Counselors.
- Assures that charts contain all appropriate forms and are complete, labeled and filed every shift.
- Completes searches for contraband on all admissions and as needed.
- Assist nursing staff with an observed chain of custody urine screens.
- Attends in-service training, seminars, and participates in other educational activities, as assigned/required.
- Performs other duties as assigned and/or requested.
Resident Assistant Qualifications:
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or its equivalent.
Experience: Three (3) years of experience in an area of specialty or health care setting.
- Must have CPR certification before hire date.
- Exposure to clients and potentially hazardous circumstances. Sometimes long, irregular hours and possible holiday duty. Possible exposure to infectious and bio-hazardous material.
Excellent starting wage plus top-tier benefits and PTO package.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required, but do not encompass all potential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Woodhaven employs, promotes and contracts without regards to race, gender, color, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, sex, religion, or genetic information. Woodhaven is an EO/AA Employer/M/F/Protected Vet/Disabled & an equal provider of services.